Post Great And Shareable Content Regularly and Continually
You should focus on sharing amazing quality content that you know your audience will love.
Some great content ideas include:
- Infographics - Infographics are visually engaging and incredibly fascinating, so it's no surprise that they are the most social form of content.
- Interactive content - Whether it's motion graphics, animations, quizzes, videos, or games, creating an experience for your customers will catch their attention.
- Pictures - Statistics show that tweets with pictures have received 18% more clicks, 89% more likes, and 150% more retweets. Facebook photos were "liked" 53% more than the average post and attracted 104% more comments.
In addition, posts that tend to increase your exposure and thus lead to new followers fall into the following categories:
- Opinion - Expressing strong opinions on issues relevant to your audience is risky, but it can also lead to a lot of participation, sharing, and exposure.
- Data - People respond strongly to data that supports their beliefs or challenges them. They will share these things in any way.
- News and trends - Publish good news that is important to your industry.
What's more, you should post content regularly and continually. No matter how popular you become, if you stop publishing and participating, you will soon be forgotten. The optimal release frequency will vary between the network and the audience. Try to find the proper post frequency and post continually. And don't forget to make it easy for them to share your content by adding social sharing links to your blog or website.
Use Hashtags Properly
Hashtags help people find content on topics that interest them. Use the correct hashtags at Twitter and Instagram helps to get new followers. Be sure to look carefully before using the new theme tag. Search the web for it and make sure it's not used for something you don't want to associate with your brand. Many brands have chosen to use the hashtag as the first comment on their Instagram posts to make the caption clearer.
Tools like Ritetag can help you find the best topic tag for each post. And tools like Keyhole and Hashtagify also reveal the popularity of certain hashtags on platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
Reach Out To Influencers
You can use resources like BuzzSumo to find influencers in your subject area. After tracking them, you should share their content with the tracker. Many people will follow you, and the goal is that they share your content as well. Or you can tag or mention these influencers, or comment on their blogs. When building relationships, they are more likely to share your content with their followers.
You can also cooperate with them. When they share a post on social media, ask them to mark your social media page in the post. In this way, people who are interested in your products will be more likely to follow you.
Promote Your Profile On All Own Channels
Your own channels are channels over which you have complete control, such as your website, blog, and email. One of the best ways to increase your following is to use your channels as a major distribution platform.
- You can promote your social profile on your blog.
At the top and bottom of the article, a Twitter follow button is displayed next to the author's name. And this may attract a large number of audiences. It is also a good idea to show multiple Instagram images in the footer or sidebar of your blog by making use of the Instagram plug-in.
In addition, most social networks make it easy to embed content on the web. You can get embedded code for tweets, YouTube videos, pushpins, Instagram photos, etc. Placing it directly in the body of a blog post can help make your social profile more visible.
- You can promote your social profile on the website.
Promotion typically happens either in the header menu at the top of the website, in a dedicated “social media space” on their homepage, or in a pop-up that highlights one of their profiles. The most popular location for social promotion by now is in the footer of websites. Nearly all the brands were linking to multiple social profiles in the footer: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube … even Spotify.
- You can promote your social profile in the emails that you send.
Brands put social media links in the footer of many of their email templates — both for marketing newsletters and in transactional emails like receipts.
To take email a step further, many brands use their lifecycle emails to promote their social accounts. Brands like Blenders Eyewear or Good American jeans, dedicated to a request at email to follow on social media.
Run competitions on social media pages is a great way to increase your audience. Get people to follow you or comment on one of your photos, and in return, they'll get a chance to win a prize. In addition to adding followers, it's also a good way to expand coverage, because every time someone likes or comments on your post, their followers see your content.
Also, there are many tools that allow you to quickly and easily run competitions on social media sites, including Hootsuite， Rafflecopter，Woobox， Pagemodo， ShortStack and Wishpond。