With Christmas just around the corner, it's great to mix up your content by getting into the festive spirit. As an influencer, you can create content based around it to rake in the engagement.
As an influencer, you can use that countdown to share new and inspiring content every day leading up to the big event. And you can get your followers involved with a challenge that they can do with you in the countdown to Christmas. This will boost engagement with your followers, increase exposure and also adds to the community element of your followers. Foodie influencers could do this with a Christmas recipe challenge and Health and Fitness bloggers could create a workout challenge.
Traditionally a time for meeting up with old friends, Christmas is also the perfect opportunity to gather together with your fellow influencers – and tease your followers with some highlights.
Preview, Review & Make Christmas Wishlist Or Gift Guide
Shopping, whether for the food, the decorations or the gifts, can be an overwhelming experience for even the most serious shoppers. So your role in this can be to make sense of the Christmas chaos and help to edit down the choices for your followers.
And you can make Christmas wishlist or gift guide to your followers. Haul your top picks on YouTube or Instagram Stories. And gift guides to help guide your followers when buying for those difficult loved ones also work well. You could create separate guides for him, her, stocking fillers, splurge presents, etc. Creating compelling gift guides also makes them more likely to be shared on social media to help other fellow shoppers find gift ideas. You could even turn this into a giveaway for your followers by gifting them one of the products. Create your own hashtag and get them to comment or share one of your posts to generate more of a buzz around your content.
Visit A Christmas Themed Location
Both your local Christmas fair and the Christmas markets in Germany are a great place to shoot festive snaps. It's also a great place for you to get inspiration for other content ideas. And you can try all the yummy food markets. It is a good idea to log your time there if you're a YouTuber or equally document your time over on Instagram Stories. Geo-tagging the location will add you to the public Instagram Stories too, so take advantage of the extra exposure.
Inspire your followers while decorating your home for Christmas, you could vlog the experience or post images of your favorite set up. If you don't have the means to decorate your place you could create mood boards or utilize Pinterest to collate your favorite festive ideas for inspiration.
Christmas Brand Collaborations
Christmas is the perfect time to pitch yourself to brands for collaborations. Brands usually have promotion activities at Christmas. Over 83% of millennials stating that they trust recommendations for products from their friends on social media. And you can cooperate with the brand and host a giveaway campaign.
Host a Holiday Giveaway
It is a better time to host a fun giveaway at Christmas. And giveaway posts are massive magnets for engagement, which could help you widen your following and earn some leads.
Here’s a general guide:
- Gather a few covetable prizes. They can be your products, something fun that’s related, or a prize pack with goodies from some other affiliates thrown in.
- Make sure you choose goodies people will actually want to win (preferably with some cash value).
- Create a post that explains your giveaway. Use an eye-catching image of the goods you’re giving away to help draw attention to it.
- Post your giveaway with the rules. For instance, ask that people follow you and like the post in order to enter the contest. Make sure you set an end date for accepting entries, and specify when winners will be announced.
- Pick your contest winners. To do it, use a free tool like The Good Luck Fairy to help you randomly choose them. This type of tool comes in handy if you have a huge list of entrants. Or, if you use social media management software, check to see if a social media contest feature is built-in.
- Announce the winners in a new post. Tag the winners and send them a direct message to make sure they get notified. Don’t forget to ask for their address!
- Send off the goods and feel a little bit like Santa’s secret elf in the process.